More details on governance structures, regulations for the University.
The University establishes strategies, policies and procedures to support the University's vision and core strategic aims promoting consistency, efficiency and effectiveness of operations throughout.
The Office of the University Secretary (OUS) is charged with oversight of the governance, assurance and compliance structures of the University and to ensure the integrity of the conduct of its business.
The OUS provides independent advice to Council, the Vice Chancellor and the Senior Leadership team.
It has responsibility for the following:
- ensuring that the University exhibits best practice in all areas of corporate governance;
- the efficient servicing of the University Council & associated committees;
- leading and co-ordinating the Council’s role in communication and stakeholder management;
- the provision of advice to members of the University on legislative compliance;
- annual review of the University Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations;
- maintaining University-wide policies, procedures and regulations;
- managing student/staff complaints, grievances and appeals to Council, and to the Visitor.
The Office of the University Secretary is responsible for introducing modifications to the Ordinances and Regulations.
The University establishes university-wide strategies, policies and procedures in order to support its vision and core strategic aims promoting consistency, efficiency and effectiveness of operations throughout the organisation.
The Office of the University Secretary is responsible for the implementation of the Ulster University's policies in relation to information compliance, student discipline and safeguarding issues.